Tomato, Ricotta, Truffle Chicken Meatballs- Drizzled with honey
Tomato, Ricotta, Truffle Chicken Meatballs- drizzled with honey
Makesabout 50 mini meatballsYou will need bamboo toothpicks, (3-inch size) or bamboo fork picksI loved meatballs as a kid. It was always with ground beef, but I also like using ground bison, turkey, chicken, veal, and rib eye. And I encourage you to play with different filler flavors! They are endless! If you have a good butcher, have them grind rib eye for you. It’s the best. Or you can order it onWildFork.com.
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs (if you’re gluten free, use your fav brand)
- 1 pound ground dark meat chicken
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried or fresh thyme leaves
- 1½ tsp. truffle salt
- 1 Tbsp white truffle oil
- 3 Tbsp Filippo Berio Spicy Tomato Pesto, found at most grocery stores and online
- 5 Tbsp honey, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and spray with olive oil. In a large bowl, add all ingredients but 4 tablespoons of honey. Mix well with a spoon or using gloves, mix and mush with your hands. I find this method to be the best. Wash your hands with the gloves on and roll the meatballs into 1-inch balls, placing them on the parchment. Drizzle the honey on the meatballs making sure each one has honey on it. If you need more, please use more. You should end up with about 50 balls. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Stick with a bamboo toothpick and serve warm.
- You can make these meat balls bigger for a dinner dish, served with pesto spaghetti and parmesan cheese.